MENU menu


If the incident/s occurred some time ago and/ or if you are a survivor of childhood sexual abuse:


Reporting the incident/s:


You may want to report the incident/s to the police and the following points may help when thinking about what to do:

If you decide that reporting the incident is not an option for you, or if you have already been through that process, or the perpetrator has died you may want to access counselling. You can contact us to get more information and advice on any of the issues talked about in this section.


Some Useful Contacts:


National Association for People Abused in Childhood (helpline weekdays and evenings) 0800 085 3330


Victim Support (help and advice if you have been a victim of a crime. They can also help you apply for compensation) 0845 30 30 900

Historical sexual abuse, rape and reporting

“My life has changed so much in the last few months for the better. I would not have recovered if I had not attended this service. I already work but am more confident in work.


This service has changed my life, I was just living with not much meaning. The work I have done with [my counsellor] has helped me to move forward in my life and make good changes. [My counsellor] is a great counsellor. I wouldn’t have got this far without her.


I just hope this work can carry on. There are plenty more people needing help - like I did.”


Survivor of childhood emotional, physical and sexual abuse (by her father and others) aged 40


Meet other survivors in a supportive environment