The Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre (Cheshire & Merseyside) is a registered charity that aims to provide crucial specialist support, independent advocacy, counselling, help and information, for those affected by rape, sexual assualt and/or abuse - a free of charge service delivered in a safe and non-threatening environment.
Counselling and therapeutic work:
- Specialist counselling for people who have experienced rape or sexual abuse including women, men and young people
- Pre-Trial Counselling
- Group work
Independent Sexual Violence Advisor Service (ISVA):
- Information about the criminal justice system
- Support and help through the criminal justice system
- Support to apply for Criminal Injuries compensation
- Information and advice about health and social options
- Emotional support
- Highlighting need and referring onto other, more appropriate, agencies
- Liaising with other agencies involved e.g. Independent Domestic Violence Advocates (IDVA)
- Maintaining links with agencies who have similar aims locally, nationally and internationally
- Displaying information at events in the community
- Raising awareness of issues relating to sexual violence in the community
- A sexual violence consultation service to local, national and international agencies
- Collation of sexual violence statistical information to be used locally and nationally to inform the development and improvement of the service provision
We have a strong commitment to ensuring that we deliver a quality service to women, men and young people who have experienced any form of sexual violence, whether it has happened recently or a while ago.
We are an accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to Rape Crisis England and Wales Service Standards.